This article will explain the process for transferring a domain to Nimbus.
Please note. For transferring a domain ending in .uk (.co.uk/.uk/.org.uk etc) please follow our Transfer a .UK domain to Nimbus guide instead.
Before continuing with the steps below, make sure your domain is unlocked for transfer and you have a valid Authorization Code
1. To transfer your domain to Nimbus, firstly log into the Nimbus Client Area
2. Once logged in click on Domains -> Transfer Domains to US
3. Enter the domain name you would like to transfer to us and the domains authorization code.
4. Click Add To Cart.
5. Follow the checkout process to check out. The domain transfer process requires the domain to be renewed for 1 year. Don't worry, the extra year will get added to the current renewal date of the domain.
6. Our top level registrar will send you an email with some steps in to approve the transfer. Domain transfers must be approved as soon as possible as authorization codes are only valid for a short time.
7. Click the link in the email, enter your authorization code and finally click the "I Approve" box to approve the transfer.
A example of the approval email can be found here.
- The transfer approval email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org and will have the subject of “Transfer Request for yourdomain.com”
- Ensuring your domains contact details are up to date can aid in a smoother transfer we use your domains registrant email address to approve the transfer.
- In general domain transfers take 5–7 days to complete.
- If a domain transfer fails we will send you an email to let you know we're unable to process your transfer.
- You can check the status of your transfer by logging into the Nimbus Client Area and clicking on Domains > My Domains > Your Domain. Successful transfers will show the status of the domain as "Active"